Sunday, November 29, 2009

Festive Ornament Ball Wreath

I came up with this idea a couple years ago and finally had a chance to try it. While it looks super easy, it took a lot more thought and time than I originally planned, but it turned out so cute in the end!

Supplies:
Ball ornaments $2.00 (score from the thrift store over the summer)
Floral wire $3.00
Wire wreath $1.40
Silver tinsel $1.00
TOTAL: $7.40

First, wrap your wire wreath with tinsel to cover all the green. Tuck the ends in. If you want to add a ribbon to hang your wreath, do it now so you can see where you need to leave space.

Kitty has a slight obsession with tinsel, so he helped out
Once the wreath is wrapped with tinsel, I cut 5 inch pieces of thin floral wire to attach each ornament to the wreath.
Starting with the largest ornament balls, slip the wire through the ornament top and then wrap around the wreath. The tighter you can get the ball on the wreath, the better. You want it tight so it won't move around and change position.

You also may need to hot glue each ornament ball to it's topper if they start to pop off. Mine stayed on, but I've heard they can pop off pretty easily.

Slowly add more ornaments around the wreath until it fills up. I used the smallest balls at the end to fill in small spaces that were left. It might take some tweaking to get it how you want it. It also helped for me to actually hang the wreath on the back of a chair while I worked so I could see how it would look hanging up.



And the Chrismukkah version for our house...

5 comments :

  1. Cute wreath! I might have to try and make it although I'm not sure I could buy the ornaments for cheap right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    And actually, I think it would be a great spring/easter wreath too--from the pictures, you can't really tell that they're ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! The colors look so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors!!Wish I could find those colors for my mom, it would be perfect for her house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this too! You have some great wreaths on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails