Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Best of 2009

I know there's a lot of different year end blog challenges out there, so I'm just taking a few of them and combining them to make my own. It's been one crazy year with a lot of ups and downs!

Recipes: The yummiest cooking from the past year

My stomach is growling just thinking about it...


Project: What did you start this year that you're proud of?

I don't really have that much to show on the house yet, so I'll pick a few crafts. It's really hard to choose, but if I have to...

Baby Hangers

Ruffle Scarf (coming soon!)

Best Trip: What was your best trip in 2009?

Well, we only went on one and it was...ummm...memorable to say the least. Here's the two visual highlights to explain my trip.

Our awesome swim with the dolphins on my birthday

The horrible sun poisoning we both got that basically ruined the trip and kept us from doing much of anything. Scary!

Night Out: Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?

In the middle of all the house madness, we celebrated our second anniversary. So while it wasn't the most calm or exciting anniversary, we exchanged gifts and went out for dinner to Tiki Terrace in Des Plaines, IL. Since we honeymooned in Maui, I thought this tropical restaurant and show would be fun. We had an awesome night together and it was great to take a few hours for ourselves during all the stress.

Moment of Peace: An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind?

My favorite scent is lilacs and this year I finally had a chance to go to the Lilac Fest in Lisle, IL. I've never smelled anything so lovely in my life!

Challenge: Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

This year has been more stressful than any other time in my life. The changes of selling our house, moving twice, and buying a house was a huge challenge to get through. While it was very tough and it's not over, it really made me grow as a person and learn how to deal with stress and anxiety better. It's also brought me a lot closer to my family as they were there with me through the whole thing.

The Best Place:

You know the answer! Our new house.

New Food:

It's not a new food I've never tasted before, but it's a new recipe. Last winter we went to a pizza cooking class and got some great recipes to try out at home. On Valentine's Day, we made 4 different kinds of pizza using the techniques we learned in class and were delighted by the tasty results. Since then, we've made them a few more times with different toppings and we plan to continue the experimenting in 2010.

Best Accomplishment:

This isn't something I talk about very often, but I might as well do it here. In the past year, I have worked really hard to make some changes at the gym. For the first time in my life, I can see the muscles tone in my arms and I'm closer than ever to 6-pack abs! I also lost about 10 pounds that were making me feel uncomfortable. I'm proud to say I did this all on my own by motivating myself. Once I started to see results, it made me work even harder. Working out has also given me a way to release a lot of stress and anxiety, so that's been great too.

New person/people:

I've had some ups and downs with friends this year and it's been really hard on me. I want to recognize some of my friends that I've gotten a lot closer to in the past year. You know who you are and I really appreciate our friendship!

Web Tool: It came into your work flow this year and now you couldn't live without it. It has simplified or improved your online experience.

Blogging, obviously! I've only been doing this for a few months and I love it. It's a great way to share ideas with others and express my feelings. Thank you to those who have helped me along the way! And thank you to my followers and those of you who have commented on my posts. It means SO much to me!

My goals for 2010:

• Finish the family room

• Work on ways to control my stress & anxiety better

• Continue to go to the gym on a regular basis

• Be more patient


Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails