Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day at Long Grove Chocolate Fest


If you're ever in Chicago, I really suggest you take a little drive up north to a little town called Long Grove. It's a charming historic downtown area with cute little shops, restaurants, and antiques in the middle of the suburbs of Chicago. I only live a few minutes from there, so I've been going since I was little. They have several festivals every year when they bring in entertainment, food booths, crafts, and music.

I'm still having a very hard time with work and some personal issues, so we decided to head over to the Chocolate Fest this weekend to have some fun. My camera had some issues, but I was still able to get a few good pictures...

This is the highlight of the trip: a chocolate-covered donut on a stick!


Love this old clock!




The Long Grove Confectionery has been here since 1975 and it's housed in an old red schoolhouse. One of the store's unique features is a vintage beveled glass window, which still allows visitors today to view candy production. During the festivals, you can look through a vintage glass window and watch the bakers dip strawberries in chocolate and make candy.

I have a slight obsession with anything cute and animal-related, so I was super excited to see these deer statues. Poor guy lost an antler!

A horrible pic of me, but I just had to pet the deer!

3 comments :

  1. OMG you're killing me with that donut!!!! :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I HAVE to go to Chicago (other than a flight layover)! lol

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 'jealous' is the word I'm looking for describe this outing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails