Monday, June 7, 2010

Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs

A few weeks ago, we were at the grocery store and Hubby noticed a sign with a picture of meatballs stuffed with cheese and thought they looked good. Fast forward a few days and I ran across a recipe on a blog for something similar...score! The perfect surprise for Hubby! So I combined a few different recipes and created our own for this tasty dinner idea.

Ingredients:
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
• 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 T minced garlic
• 1 T Italian seasoning
• 1 jar spaghetti sauce

Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and seasoning in a bowl.

Cut mozzarella cheese into small chunks.

Flatten a small amount of meat in your hand and place a piece of mozzarella cheese inside. Form the meatball around the cheese. Make sure all of the cheese is covered by meat so the cheese doesn't come out while it's cooking.

Place meatballs on a greased baking pan and cook for 30 minutes.
Quickly take the dish out of the oven after it has cooked for 30 minutes. Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce on top and put the pan back in the oven for another 5 minutes.

Serve with pasta and enjoy!


Linking up to:
The Girl Creative
New Nostalgia

11 comments :

  1. Yum, I love italian food and have my own regular meatball recipe but I can't wait to try this one? I won't even ask about calorie count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! These look amazing...my husband would love it I made these! I'm definately going to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm... there really is no no-dairy substitute that would work, huh :) These do look delicious!

    Let me know if you make the babaganoush, it's seriously easy! I like that I can flavor it to my tastes. Most people use more garlic than I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah man, we had meatballs tonight and yours look so much better. I should have looked here first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh those look delicious! My fiance would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok.. Stop it right now! They look amazing, and i can feel the calories landing on my hips - but i don't care! I need to try these bad boys out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious!!!! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! Those meatballs look yummy and I love that they are turkey. I hope you’ll join me again next week for another fantastic party! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness girlie Had to click over to see this recipe! SAVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made it tonight! LOVE it thanks darling :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails