Monday, October 18, 2010

Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad

I LOVE pasta salad especially in the summer when you don't feel like eating something hot and heavy. I adapted this recipe from There's Always Thyme to Cook and it was great!

Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 1 (16 ounce) package pasta
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/3 cup light soy sauce
• 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/3 cup chopped green onion
• 1/3 cup shredded carrots
• 2 T vegetable oil (for cooking spinach)
• fresh spinach ( I used half a bag)

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.

While boiling the pasta, pour vegetable oil into a small pan and heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted.

In a jar with a lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, and pepper. Shake well.

Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, spinach, carrots and green onions.

Serve hot or cold. (I prefer cold)



SO good and great for leftovers!


Linking up to these parties

20 comments :

  1. mmh...looking delicious!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks sooo good! You are such a good example for me. You make me want to eat a lot better than I would normally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Hunk of Meat Monday! Looks awesome! I'd prefer it cold too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad looks great. I will have to give it a try. I am just stopping by from Hunk of Meat Monday.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pasta salad. This looks yummy! Just stoppin' by from Hunk of Meat Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! I love new pasta/meat salads. Thanks for hooking up to Hunk of Meat Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We use to eat pasta salad all of the time in the summer. We haven't had it since going gluten free. That looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love pasta salad...and am always looking for new and interesting recipes. this is just the trick. thank you for linking up to tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks awesome! I love the taste of sesame....anything Asian. I think it would be good with rice wine vinegar too. Think I will try it. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet this tastes really fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks really good, now I'm hungry! Happy Mid-week, thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, looks delish. I'll be trying this over the weekend I think!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa - here I am tagging you with the Happy 101 Blog Award! You can copy & paste the image from my current post! Hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM YUM YUM! I am sold on this! I love pasta, and I love the other ingredients you've included, especially the cilantro and sesame oil. This might just be dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, what a beautiful pasta dish. I would definitely enjoy the Asian flavors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dish sounds delightful. We love our pasta and the sesame sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds delicious! Please make sure you stop by Katiescucina.blogspot.com for my first ever cooking link party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up to Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table. Feel free to link up anytime!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails