Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Delicious Spinach & Artichoke Pasta

We LOVE anything spinach & artichoke so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it!

Adapted from GetHealthyCheap.com

Ingredients:
• 12 oz. whole wheat egg noodles
• 2 - 6 oz. jars of artichoke hearts (drain but save 2 tablespoons of the oil)
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 cup white wine
• 10 oz. package of frozen spinach, thawed & drained
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 oz. ricotta
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• salt & pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking, chop sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke into smaller pieces.

In a large pan, cook artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes and the leftover oil from the artichoke jar. Stir occasionally and cook for about 3 minutes.

Add garlic and salt & pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.

Add white wine and cook until evaporated.

Add spinach and drained pasta once it's cooked. Spinach should be cooked until wilted or about 3-4 minutes.

Pour mixture in a large bowl and toss with ricotta and parmesan cheese.

SO good! Enjoy!

19 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! I added it to my recipe bookmarks so that I can add it to the menu next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seriously looks delicious! I guess it's time for me to go get some more artichokes ;) I always get the frozen ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am the same way! When I see the words spinach and artichoke, I'm sure to fall for it. Sounds absolutely delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is right up my alley, love spinach and artichokes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment today - and thanks for sharing this amazing looking recipe! I'm drooling over here!

    I am your newest follower!

    Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks like eating spinach and artichoke dip for dinner, but you get to feel good about it. Definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ingredients are incorporated in this pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good. Love finding new pasta recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spinach and artichoke...how can you go wrong. What a fabulous sounding dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm this looks delicious! I love every single ingredient here - can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good, until I think about this spinich. Can you taste it a lot? I like spinich and artichoke dip so I might like it, if the spinich taste isn't too strong. I think my Hubby would like it. He loves spinich and artichokes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious. Artichokes...check. Spinach...check. Garlic...check. How can you go wrong?? Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like spinach & artichoke dip and LOVE pasta, so Im sure this would be a big hit at our table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lisa, looks like a nice light pasta dish... sometimes pasta can be so heavy and or course i love it that way too. i'm gonna give this a try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa, your pasta recipes always have me thinking that I wish you owned a little bistro around the corner so I could enjoy your pasta dishes several times a week! I'd be your best customer!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delish! I've been looking for a S&A pasta recipe. Can I beg you to come link up with my recipe contest/linky?
    http://www.bigklittlea.com/2011/05/concours-dcuisine-may-edition.html
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to be your newest follower. your recipes look amazing. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Lisa,

    Thanks so much for sharing another yummy, healthy looking, and delicious recipe with us.

    I loved it so much I FEATURED you, I hope it puts a smile on your face.

    Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

    **Features from week #33 & #34** @ Bella Before and After

    Thanks girl :)

    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails