Monday, May 7, 2012

Tasty Cheddar Biscuits

I don't know about you, but I love me some Red Lobster biscuits. Nothing compares to those things and you can never replicate them...but you can try! This comes close and I definitely pigged out on them for dinner one day!

Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod

Ingredients:
• 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 stick of butter
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Mix the butter into the dry ingredients. For me, it worked well to let the butter sit out for a bit to warm up. Blend until the mixture has pea size chunks of butter left.

Pour in the milk and mix until the ingredients are moist. Don't overmix.

Gently stir in the cheese, garlic, and cilantro.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a spoon or your hands, scoop the biscuits onto the baking sheet. For jumbo biscuits, use about 1/3 cup of dough. For smaller biscuits, use about 3 tablespoons of dough.

Bake the jumbo biscuits for 15-18 minutes. Bake the smaller biscuits for 12-15 minutes. Let them bake until they are golden brown and cooked throughout.

Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.

I promise they'll be eaten up before you know it!

12 comments :

  1. oh - I definitely did not need to see these. Now I need to try them and Im sure I will pig out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these as well. I have made a couple of knock-off recipes, but this one is a little different. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa, those look divine! I do love a good cheddar biscuit (or two...or three...)!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Red Lobster rolls! They are so good!!! My recipe doesn't have cilantro. That's a very interesting addition. I would make these tonight if my Hubby wasn't on that durn no carb diet. ugh! This is going on my list the first day he gets carbs again. MMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhhh they do sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing - I'm going to pin this to try sometime!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. those things are like a drug. i even bring them home when i take home my leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great find! My husband is *batty* over the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Its actually gross how many of them he can eat in one sitting - I swear that's the only reason we go there! I'd love it if you would link up to Sweet Sharing Monday: http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look absolutely delicious. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound so good! I would love it if you would share this on Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally with ya on those RL cheddar rolls! These look scrumptious. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these look scrumptious! Those biscuits at Red Lobster ARE to die for :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    --Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3717 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails